My blog text at Jitsi.Org: Jitsi Audio for Dance Lessions
Hi, this is a real problem.
Jitsi is missing the basic function ‚Share computer audio‘ like Zoom has, for my experience.
There are some difficulties to overcome this missing feature in Jitsi.
- The server must have the correct configuration. Ask the experts… Try another server…
- The host who wants to share audio has to do the call with the query string #disableAP=true added to the complete IP.
- The host must have a VB virtual audio cable installed within Windows.
- The sound of your audioplayer on the host has to be directed to the virtual cable. Hope it’s possible.
- The hosts micro input of Jitsi has to be directed to the VB virtual cable, it’s a browser feature.
- You have to use a Chromium derivate as browser, Firefox doesn’t work. Greetings from Google.
- To hear your own transmitted sound you have to use a second device as a listener. I use the DAW Cakewalk to direct my audio from VB cable back to speaker. But this is really difficult.
- The host has to switch from VB virtual cable to micro if he wants to use it. Then the micros own inbuild audioprocessing has to be enabled. Better use the micro of the listener.
@Developers If I’m right then my question is: Who invented this? „Sharing computer audio“ is an urgently needed regular feature of Jitsi.